Monday, March 14, 2011

Save The Daylight.
(or spring's petition)


by Mary Courtney Blake

I will admit that fall is my favorite season, however spring is making a strong case for itself as I watch the blossom petals fall like snow from the trees outside my window, swirling through the soft breeze, laughing at the thought that there could be anything more important than dancing on the wind.  There is something quite magical about watching the world wake up from its long winter's sleep.  It lets hope into corners of our hearts that have been resting in the shadows, as if the extra daylight somehow lights our insides as well.

I suppose I write all of this sentiment simply to say that I am glad that spring has decided to visit Carolina a little early this year.  Open windows and ceiling fans make me happy.  I am looking forward to farmer's market adventures, cook-outs and cricket lullabies.  One could almost say that as the world is waking up, I am waking up, ready to start some new adventures and ready to get on with some old ones that have been hibernating through the winter with me.  I am going to seize my extra daylight and do those things that I just didn't have the energy to do in the winter's darkness... things like writing more and throwing delicious dinner parties and making art.  And, who knows, maybe I'll even find some new adventure to embark on.

So, let the beauty of spring inspire you.  Decide what you'll do with all of your extra daylight.


1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Courtney. Beautiful writing. May I share it on my blog?

    ReplyDelete